Polymeric stabilization of millimeter sized salt particles for a breakthrough heat battery
CTO 36-40 H/W
We are looking for a business minded, hands-on experienced full time Chief Technology Officer (CTO) to bring Cellcius to the next level of accelerating the energy transition.
Cellcius is an Eindhoven based startup founded in 2020 by TNO and TU/e and located at the TU/e campus. We are developing an innovative salt based heat battery that will play a crucial role in the energy transition. Our heat battery enables storage of waste heat (generated in data centers and industry) and use it again at a different time and location to heat houses and commercial buildings. We are currently in the system integration phase of our next generation heat battery, which has the size of a 20ft container. In 2024 this system will be shipped to a pilot customer.
Context of the position
Within Cellcius you are part of the management team. CTO and Technology Lead together take care of the Cellcius R&D scope.
- To determines the technology- and product strategy in close collaboration with CEO and Technology Lead
- Create and maintain roadmaps and project plans.
- Translate technology decisions into product development projects and manage these projects.
- CTO is budget responsible for the full scope of R&D activities and has to set up and maintain the infrastructure to fulfil this responsibility
- Grow (from 6 FTE to 15 FTE in next 3 years) and manage R&D team on a daily basis in role of line manager (grouplead role).
- Professionalize the R&D processes within Cellcius
- Set up and maintain relations with new and existing R&D partners such as TNO, TU/e, R&D design houses and production facilities.
- Contribute to business development and obtaining investments.
- Manage the Cellcius IP portfolio and (stimulate) the creation of own IP and patents.
- Contribute to the creation of proposals for acquiring design-in projects at customers, R&D subsidies and -grants.
- Manage subsidy income for multiple ongoing and future projects.
- Manage all QHSE activities for Cellcius.
Education and experience
MSc. or PhD in a hardware discipline like Mechatronics, Mechanics, Electronics or Applied Physics.
At least 8 years of experience as CTO, line/project manager or system architect of which at least 2 years in a startup setting
- Passion to grow Cellcius to a leading technology company.
- Team player able to align multiple stakeholders.
- Strong analytical skills with a pragmatic attitude.
- Leadership skills to motivate and manage a growing R&D team.
- Thought leader for own scope within Cellcius via conference visits and being active on social media.
- Professional communicator with an outgoing and positive attitude.
- Bringing and maintaining a professional network, to serve customer relations, recruitment and R&D partnerships.
- Self-driven, pro-active, hands-on, solution-driven and get-it-done mentality based on solid technical basis.
What do we offer
At Cellcius you will work in a startup team which is a mix of seasoned entrepreneurs from which you can learn a lot and a young R&D team of recent graduates and students who are in need of your guidance. We have multiple technology challenges and you will have direct access to novel TNO and TU/e technology. Startup life brings challenges and excitement and requires flexibility. In return you can develop yourself fast, you will get a market conform salary and will have access to our stock options & shares plan
You have a car driver license B and own transportation means. You will frequently travel to R&D and supply chain partners and pilot customers in Europe.
How to apply
If you want more information, or want to apply directly with a resume and motivation letter please contact: email@example.com
Cellcius has it’s roots in